Athletic Therapy starts with the in-depth knowledge, education and training in the areas of the human musculoskeletal system, exercise physiology, biomechanics, and basic emergency care.
A Certified Athletic Therapist as designated by CAT(C), has fulfilled academic and practical requirements set out by the Canadian Athletic Therapists Association. Certified members have successfully completed an extensive theory and practical exam set out by the national board. Successful members work in both the field and clinical settings.
- Injury assessment and rehabilitation
- Sport specific physical reconditioning
- Therapeutic modalities (Ultrasound, Ice, Heat, TENS)
- Manual mobilization
- Supportive taping
- Concussion assessment and Return to play
- First aid and immediate care
- Injury assessment and management
- Emergency life support
- Prophylactic taping
- Side line concussion testing
- Safe return to play
If you are currently seeing an Athletic Therapist, but it is not covered under your extended health care plan, please visit the links below for forms to send to your insurance company to request Athletic Therapy coverage.
- Letter to HR & Insurance Company